Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

New things in my life

A lot has happened since my last post. A lot. Here are some new things in my life:

1. Got another job as a part time photographer- Work with some pretty awesome ladies there (no, didn't quit my job as a youth leader, now I just have even less free time). I actually really like it. I get to act goofy, make kids laugh all day, and then take pictures of it. Pretty sweet deal.

2. My husband got a promotion- He's ridiculously amazing so I'm not surprised. To find out more about his job, please refer to his blog where he tells lots of personal details about himself.

3. Haircut- For many of you this would be no biggie, but I haven't gotten anything but a trim in about five years. Bangs in my eyes is a serious life change. My husband likes it, so I can throw away my hair I was saving to paste back on if he didn't...

4. Shoes- I'm not normally a "shoe person", but for my birthday this year, I got basically all shoes. Either there were more successful shoe commercials on T.V. lately, or my family noticed that my shoe wardrobe is clearly lacking in some of the season's latest fashions (AKA I wear the same three pairs of shoes ALL THE TIME and they aren't lookin so good):

The Functional yet trendy # 1&2- My husband's sister and her family gave me these really sweet snap shoes made by Lindsay Phillips that basically have a snap on the front with a pretty design circle design of some sort. You can buy different decorations for the front so they match all your outfits (they make nice flip flops too). It sounds really cheap and weird, but they are actually amazing in every way. Comfortable, versatile, very well made, and affordable (if you consider how many outfits the go with.) Please buy a pair or five for you and all the women in your life. Great Christmas present.

The handmade and priceless #3-My mom in Panama (Mom in law) also sent me some beautiful Mola sandals which I specifically asked for. Read about what a Mola is and you can confuse people when they talk about Molé.

The sleep with them on #4-Before I knew I was getting any other shoes, I pooled all my birthday money and purchased some brown leather riding boots which I wear every single chance I get. I don't ride horses, but I guess I would be stylishly ready if the opportunity arose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...